Our free recreational programs and resources offer youth a constructive place to experience positive peer interaction while having fun and trying out new activities.
Open to youth grades 6 – 8
Weekdays 3pm – 5:30pm
(July & August Hours: 1pm – 5:30-pm)
Open to teens grades 9 – 12
Weekdays 5:30pm – 9pm
- All programs are FREE of charge
- Fully Supervised by Trained Staff
- Healthy Snacks provided
- Both programs are Drop-In based (participants can arrive or leave anytime during programming hours & can come as often or as little as they wish throughout the week)
- Participants are responsible for getting to & from the program
- Physical Activity
- Recreational & Special Interest programming
- Positive Peer Interaction
- Access to Musical Instruments
- Access to Computers/Internet/Telephone
- Special Events
- Monthly Pizza Night sponsored by P. Tomlinson Insurance Broker Inc.
- Community Involvement
- Free Music Lessons provided by Fun School of Music
- Confidential Supportive Conversation
- Life-Skills Workshops
- Guidance in Making Healthy Choices
- Homework & Job Search Help
- On Site Resource Library
- Social Service Referrals
- Emergency Meals
- Emergency Shelter & Housing Support Services
Ed Halladay was a long time Grimsby resident and accomplished musician, who passed away in 2009. His family chose to honour his memory & love of music by providing a generous donation to the FORT to start the Ed Halladay Music Program, which provides local youth with free music lessons!
Ed’s family continues to commemorate his life and support the program by hosting the annual music festival: Free the Music held annually on the 3rd Saturday of September. The Ed Halladay Music Program accepts donations.
The FORT is pleased to co-advise the Mayor’s Youth Action Committee for the Town of Grimsby!
- Advocate for Youth Issues within Grimsby
- Be a Voice to Mayor and Town Council
- Contribute ideas for Community Activities
- Build Valuable Leadership Experience
- Impact Peers in your Community
Grimsby high school students from all grades are invited to take part. Contact the FORT at (905)-309-3678 or the Town of Grimsby’s Recreation Coordinator at (905)-945-1288.