Our free recreational programs and resources offer youth a constructive place to experience positive peer interaction while having fun and trying out new activities.
Open to youth grades 6 – 8
Weekdays 3pm – 5:30pm
(July & August Hours: 1pm – 5:30-pm)
Open to teens grades 9 – 12
Weekdays 5:30pm – 9pm
- All programs are FREE of charge
- Fully Supervised by Trained Staff
- Healthy Snacks provided
- Both programs are Drop-In based (participants can arrive or leave anytime during programming hours & can come as often or as little as they wish throughout the week)
- Participants are responsible for getting to & from the program
- Recreational & Special Interest programming
- Positive Peer Interaction
- Access to Musical Instruments
- Access to Computers/Internet/Telephone
- Special Events
- Physical Activity and Games
- Monthly Pizza Night sponsored by Erion Insurance!
- Community Involvement
- Confidential Supportive Conversation
- Life-Skills Workshops
- Guidance in Making Healthy Choices
- Homework & Job Search Help
- On Site Resource Library
- Social Service Referrals
- Emergency Meals
- Emergency Shelter & Housing Support Services
The FORT understands that today’s youth face many different challenges as they grow. Stress, peer pressure, and difficulties at home or at school can take a heavy toll on a teenager. While the FORT provides a safe, comforting place to help teens deal with their problems, sometimes professional help is needed, and the FORT is there to provide it.
The FORT, in partnership with GBF Community Services, is able to offer any youth who may need it access to a professional psychologist at no cost. The FORT is dedicated to ensuring youth get the help they need when they need it. We are able to provide teens with care and attention in as little as a few days, and ensure they are connected with a trained professional who can help guide them. As with all programs at the FORT, this service is provided free of charge!
During our programs FORT youth are regularly given the opportunity to volunteer with the FORT and other local organizations. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Serving ice cream at the Winona Peach Festival
- Helping prepare meals for the Salvation Army
- Participating in Grimsby Farmer’s Market Street Feast
- Helping organize and participate in Special Olympics at GSS
- And much more!
These experiences help provide youth with valuable experience that they can include on their resumes when looking for a job. They are also eligible to be included as community service hours, which are required for high school graduation. Volunteering with the FORT is a great way to achieve your goals, give back to your community, and have fun!